EMC Forces Cars, a trading name of Eastbourne Motoring Centre Ltd (EBMC), is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Eastbourne Motoring Centre Ltd, Cavendish Bridge, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3SE.
Information we may collect from you.
By giving your email and/or mobile telephone number you are confirming that you are happy to occasionally receive news and offers from EMC Forces Cars and/or any of our suppliers or supporting Manufacturers.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.emctaxfree.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you call us we may record the telephone call for training and quality purposes which helps to ensure we are offering the best possible service.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services.
If you are an existing customer or have shared your email and/or mobile telephone number with us through our website, we may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe to any email or text messages or contact us to request the removal of your details from any future services.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If EBMC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by clicking this link - contact us
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised at any time. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Non-personal identification information
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
Cookie Name Purpose More information Google Analytics _utma
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google PHPSESSID This cookie is essential for the online search. It is set only for those people using the search. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. We use Analytics to measure how users interact with the site to improve performance and functionality. This includes tracking from the Google Display network which provides anonymous aggregated data which may include gender and general interests information.
If you wish to edit your settings on what is included and tracked by Google Display ad tracking you can edit your settings here. https://www.google.co.uk/settings/ads If you want to opt out of all Google Analytics tracking you can alter the settings on your browser to block or implement any no-follow functionality it may provide. To make this simpler Google provide an opt-out tool https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ for their Chrome browser and most leading browsers. Please note this is a third party tool and EBMC cannot ensure the functionality of the tool with your browser and personal settings. We only use this non-personally identifying information collected to improve the site, we only get average statistics and do not disclose this data with third parties – except of course Google who are the ones who provide this data
Eastbourne Motoring Centre is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registration Number: 2324482. Registered Office: Eastbourne Motoring Centre Limited, 103 Bourne Street, Eastbourne, BN21 3SE. Vat Regd No:583 5728 05